My 10 Favorite Jawnz from 2013 (in order of appearance)
- Boba Guys Mug - I drink all my milk tea and coffee from this mug. You can only get this at the Boba Guys store (for now).
- MAKR Plant Ring - Stylish way to hang your succulents. Left some pretty big holes in the wall when I moved out…oops.
- Michael Frimkess - I’ve obtained a decent amount of art in my time, but this was my first significant piece of art that might be worth something someday. People either love it or hate it, which is how art should be.
- Pia Wallén cross blanket - Classy heirloom domesticated stuffs. Ladies love it.
- Tibor Kalman, Perverse Optimist - The definite tome on Tibor Kalman. Endlessly curious, sensitive and a designer’s designer.
- Rapha Hooded Top - The perfect jacket for riding around in San Francisco. I wear this almost every day and the black colorway has been the best one they’ve done.
- iPad Mini Retina - Glad I waited for the retina mini instead of getting the iPad Air. For me, this is the best form factor and I shelled out for the LTE version so I rarely carry my laptop day to day now.
- Band of Outsiders suit - They basically employed Martin Greenfield’s expert suit-making experience with slimmer cuts. I have a couple of these suits now but finally replaced my go-to black suit this year.
- Eddy Merckx - Sex on two wheels.
- Tea People - I’ve been brewing my own tea blend in the evenings. It is still pretty strong as far as caffeine goes, but you don’t crash as hard as a cup of coffee late in the day.
Runner ups: Snow Peak umbrella, Evernote, Supreme sunglasses, Bonavita electric kettle with digital temp, and Timbuk2 Raider Pack.