This year’s 2013 World Aeropress Championship Recipe (if you haven’t bought one yet, you should. I make my coffee every morning with one. Here’s the link)
Jeff Verellen’s winning recipe :
- 17 grams coffee ground 5.75 on the uber grinder, little courser than paper filter.
- Rinsed normal filter, aeropress in regular position.
- 50 grams of water at 83c for the bloom.
- Bloom for 40s. Nicely wet all grounds and lightly agitate holding the aeropress and shaking it abit around.
- Very slowly add 215 grams of water at 79c for about 30 sec
- Press very gently for about 30 seconds.
- Leave about 50 gram slurry in the press and discard.
- Put the rest of the brew in the gob.
- Extra tips for supreme brew:
- Picking beans, lights out, heavies in. Too big and weird, also out.
- Use a cocktail pitcher to grind in and charge up static electricity so light particles stick to the walls, try to discard them.