By: Aida Makoto
1. Never repeat the same—or even similar—thing twice. A genius artist need to have a mind and spirit so fresh that they seem to be suffering from repeated amnesia every single second.
2. Just like how your own past doesn’t matter much, the history of the human race is equally unimportant.
3. Artists have no concept of schedules and deadlines.
4. As far as being able to speak English goes, you should work towards a point where you can handle a banal everyday conversation while still doubting your own linguistic talents. If you really want to while away the hours speaking a language other than your own, choose something more interesting — ancient Sumerian, or dog talk.
5. You don’t need a passport. If you feel like it, go ahead and welcome the guests who come to you, but it’s inconceivable that you would become a “guest” yourself.
6. Stay away from money. If you touch it with your fingers, your soul will start to rot.
7. Even if you get to meet the power players, big shot collectors, curators, galleries and critics, forget about them right away. The next time you meet them, say “Eh? What’s your name again?” Even better, go ahead and punch them for no reason whatsoever.
8. Keep taking all sorts of drugs, stimulants, coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, whatever you like, including harmful mind-altering and psychotropic substances. It is nonsense to filter those substances through your liver, too, so go ahead and have that useless organ removed beforehand.
9. It’s good to have passionate affairs and duels on a regular basis.
10. Don’t work. Don’t make anything.