If you look, you'll find me. Amazing gif created by Ordo.
Things I have learned so far in my three days of traveling in Tokyo
- The top of TOTO toilets are sloped. Your iPhone WILL fall in.
- Eat where the local eat. It’s cheaper and tastes better.
- Flirt twice, ask once.
- Take off the shoes!
- Goddamn you mystery coins with a hole in the middle. You’ve embarrassed me for the last time.
- Sometimes that phrase you’ve been using (alot) actually means something else entirely. You won’t know until it’s far too late.
- Coffee is terrible here.
- There’s no point in asking what you just ate. You already ate it.
- Soda machines are on every corner. Calpis to your heart’s content.
- People are generally kind and willing to help. I was taken in by a complete stranger my first night when I had nowhere to go.
- Beer from a vending machine!
- The ATMs only let you take out 10k yen at a time. (Edit: i am dumb. It’s multiples.)
- Everyone is so goddamn stylish. Even the peasants. Don’t come dressed as an idiot.
- Legit yakitoris will serve up all kinds of parts of the chicken, just eat it.
- Lot of the men here are more beautiful and well-groomed than the women.
- Staying at a capsule hotel is noisy, but it’s cheap and you meet people.
- No tipping needed. Don’t count your change either.
- Drink until you can’t drink anymore, then drink more. Just don’t miss the last train.
- If she looks twenty-two, she’s fifteen. If she looks fifteen, she’s twenty-eight. If she looks twenty-eight, she’s over forty.
“I’m thankful for the wins and the losses.” —